Thursday, July 11, 2019

After a long hiatus....

Was having dinner with PY yesterday, and we both started talking about old phones and somehow, linked to blogging. Out of curiousity, I went to search for my old blogs and tada, it's still there (which is this blog). 

Actually I have a couple of blogs, there's one really old one with 600 posts. That was quite insane, reading back the first few post I've written. I can't help but laugh at my own childish text and typing. Back then, there was no such things as WhatsApp, or Facebook and somehow, friends relied on blogs to be kept updated. I realised most of my posts contains information that I wanted to tell a group of friends, and even to the extent of posting my weekly schedule (who would care really??!!?).

It was really interesting. I enjoyed reading back my old post, my old thoughts and how I felt or act towards certain circumstances. Picture says a thousand words? Not really. As compared to browsing my old photos, reading what I wrote certainly brought back more feels. Good and bad feels. 

Should I "revive" this blog? Maybe. I can imagine 10 years later, reading back what I wrote will be insightful (I hope). 

So what changed? 

Life wise, I'm 27 now, graduating soon from post grad and fumbling through life's options. Baking and piano takes up most of my time and my leftover pockets are filled with badminton, dinner dates and occasional meetings. 

Thoughts wise, matured? Maybe, I'm not so sure. But I do give more thought to what I say, do and the choices I need to make. That isn't the best measurement for maturity though. Probably just being more responsible for my own actions. 

Personality wise, reading back old post tells me that I didn't change much, at least at the very core of it. Still that introvert, don't ever think that would change.

Hobby wise, looks like I'm still that boring girl who likes music, food (science), food (food), travel and sports. Perhaps, more emphasize on these more than ever.

10 years. I wished I did more, I wish I learnt more. But one can only wish for so much. There's nothing much I can do to time lost, only able to change what's ahead. 

--

Back to today. 

Had the regular Thursday badminton games, it was alright. Tried to be a little slower, thinking about placement and controlling the shots. Difficult. Only managed to stay focus for the first game, and that was a pretty awesome game. I could feel that I was in control. But after that game, totally off. Gotta work on resilence and stamina (for the brain). 

Back home, baking and prepping for the bake sale. And whoa, I love the milo flavor! I had to get Milo Gao Kosong, just to make sure that it will not be too sweet. Not a milo fan, but I'm certain milo fans will love it, cause it's really Gao. Nestum was interesting - thick and aromatic. Will be toasting up some Nestum and sprinkle them on top for that extra omph. 

Was trying to hunt for passionfruit but I really can't find. Is it not passion fruit season? I'll have to scan my little brain for plan B. 

God is great, providing more that what I was expecting :) 

Ok, off to work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment