Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Rainbow after the storm;




This morning was really hectic, crazy and mentally draining. Used up 30+ eggs just for a cake, 3-4 batches of baking, non-stop. 

After the whole session, by 1pm, I was really tired - physically, mentally. My head was on hyper mode, processing and thinking so quickly that I can't even catch up. So many things were going wrong in the kitchen. But thankfully, they were salvageable. 

I wish I could leisurely bake, as and when and not based on a certain schedule. 

I still have the tart shells I've made from scratch (hand-lined, like finally), waiting to be filled. I just need time, and perhaps some inspiration and energy. 

Earl grey, elderflower, mint with a sprinkle of crushed pistachio. Yums. 

Thank God for PY, keeping me sane, giving me something to look forward to at the end of the day. 

Went to Jurong Lake Gardens to jog with PY, and this place is pretty! I love the florals and greens around, nicely themed. And the very scenic lake, with interesting parks scattered across the whole garden. Enjoyed the breezy jog, and of course the company. Ended the day with a meal at a nearby Kopitiam with 鱼头炉. I think I'm getting hooked to this big pot of fish and random assorted vegetables. It was very comforting. 

Feels like London/Iceland all over again. Actually, every moment with you feels like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment