Wednesday, October 27, 2010

R,I,P,



Dearest Chip,

By now you should be in hamster heaven enjoying all your favorite nuts. I'm sorry i had to only feed you with carrots as your last meal, I didn't know it'll be your last and I never hope it'll be.

Everyday I come home from school I'll check your cage, knock it so that you'll wake up and climb on the cage. A few times I would see you sleeping soundly and not moving when i tap at your bathing box. That few times really scare me but I would always be relieved when you start jerking like you just woken up from a nice dream.

But today, when i tapped you, you wouldn't move, wouldn't turn. You just lay there, cold and hard. I was really shocked. I didn't want to believe that you're gone, but you are.

I didn't know you'll leave me and Dale so soon. Won't you even miss your childhood friend?

When I browse through your pictures in my phone, I knew no other hamsters can replace you. You're that clever, fast and cute Chip I'll ever have. That only Chip I'll ever have.

I wish that you would have a great time at hamster heaven. I know I'll never see you again, the hamster with a bite mark at her right ear, the hamster that never fails to impress me with how fast you can run on the wheel, the hamster that will hide all the nuts she can find in her cheeks and still able to drink water, the hamster that always makes my day feel better.

I'll miss you, and I'm sure all those that love you will miss you too.

Love,
The owner that always feeds you nuts one by one.

--

My hamster just died a moment ago, actually I believe that she died a few hours ago, because her body was already stiff when I touched her. I buried her already. I know she'll never be able to read this letter I typed for her, cause firstly, she can't read and secondly, she doesn't know I have a blog.

Yesterday, she was still running around happily when i cleaned her cage. She was still running around her cage and climbing up and down. I was more worried for the other hamster cause he didn't run as much as last time and don't like to move around. I didn't know a piece of baby carrot would be her last meal. I knew she hated carrots. But she finished it anyway.

She probably died from a dislocated hind leg. When I flipped her around, her left hind leg was dislocated and there was traces of blood on her body. I wished she died in peace, but sadly, she didn't.

I wish I knew she dislocated her leg so that I can bring her to a vet to treat it. But it was too late when I'm home. She's already gone.

I wish she understand what is sorry. I wish I can still express my apology.

I'll treasure Dale more now. I don't want to regret not taking good care of him.

I really miss you Chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment