Monday, December 20, 2010

All is calm, all is bright.

Credits to: meagan565

Christmas is nearing, and here I am, feeling tired and sick.

Over the weekends,
Friday:
I&E for the kids at Radiance kindergarden. It was a fulfilling experience, but also very tiring. The kids can scream and scream and scream like there's no tomorrow. I'm glad they had fun though. We managed to complete our task successfully which was quite surprising. Its amusing to see how the kids can warm up to us so quickly. I wish all of us didn't lose the innocent part of us. I find it hard to talk to people whenever it's the first day of school, because I don't know how they would think of me. I wish I never became like this. Well, when I was young, I was a quiet girl, so no difference. Haha.

Saturday:
Caroling practice in church and at Tricia's house was another toll on me. I haven't touched my flute in around 1year? and probably the last time i played it I could only blow notes that I didn't know what they were. I was exceptionally amazed by how fast I could figure out which fingering was for which note and didn't cause much hassle for Lorelle, who were trying to coach me for flute. The last time I played for church was a disaster because I couldn't remember which fingering I'm suppose to pressed. After that, I don't expect much out of myself. But this time was really different. Really very shocked, and happy. That aside, fingering is one thing, but having the breath to last through it was another. I didn't have the "气" as they call it. My notes were airy and sounded quite bad. I knew that myself, but well, at least the notes are right. So, I was blowing the whole day and that tire me out. Considering that I still can remember the fingering, I might join Yamaha for flute lessons to kickstart my interest in flute again. But not now.

Sunday:
The real thing. Caroling was a hell tiring. Past few years was just singing and I considered that as tiring. Didn't know that blowing flute for the whole day can be 3x more tiring. We went to various places such as People's park complex at Chinatown, 3 different household and back to church after that. People's park complex was kinda scary, because there was a crowd staring at us. I made a lot of mistakes, but who cares, they don't remember me. Haha. I tried my best, that's all it matters. The musicians got better as we move on for different stops, which is good. Practice makes perfect. Of course, we got more tired after each stops. And so, when we reached church, I think I looked like a zombie who was out of breath, purple and bruised. Ok, not the bruised part, but I was quite certain I didn't have any flush on my cheeks or colors on my lips, just like a blank canvas. Reached home, and feel asleep after I finished my usual routine of surfing the web and stuff.

Today:
I was quite brave to book driving lessons back to back in the morning because by the 2nd lesson, I was already tired and my brain sort of stop functioning properly. Glad that I was still able to finish up the circuits and the road. But after that, I got a pretty bad headache. It's not massive pain, but it's very persistent. It's still hurting right now. And I'm tired, again. Driving test is tomorrow and well, I would be lying if I say I'm not nervous. Frankly speaking, I'm pretty demoralized that I failed my first test. I hope tomorrow would be fine. I don't know how the rest of the day would go, but hopefully, it would be good.

So, as I was saying, christmas is nearing and I haven't prepared much for christmas. I don't have the energy to decorate my room, or the house like last year. Very disappointed when my mum refused to buy my brothers and I present, but am very touched when my dad says he'll find time to go buy present for us. I just hope that he'll keep his word. So what if we've grown up? Don't we deserve gifts anymore? That doesn't make sense.

Ok, I'm really feeling sick. Cold feet, headaches and blurry images doesn't help, I should get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment