Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fear,

Credits : BramboraCzech

So,

I was thinking back.

When I was young, I really hated buying food such as noodles, rice etc. from the canteen. I somehow have this fear of dropping the tray or tripping over or spilling the soup all over. And even if I don't drop anything, I would still be afraid of stares looking at my wobbly hands and my unstable tray. But as I grow older, I realised that people don't really remember me for anything like that. They probably take a glance and then forget all about me and my clumsy limbs, because it's not even significant in their lives.

While this may be a big impact in my life because I would need my mum to help me buy cooked food if she comes pick me up and decide to eat canteen food and I can only tell her I want fish ball noodles because that's the only thing I ever knew in primary school, people don't even care if I'm the girl who only take away crackers up to class or buy some milo and that is my meal for the day in school. Maybe that's why I am this tiny and scrawny.

My parents never knew that I didn't know how to order canteen food. I only dare to order maybe like when I'm 13+? Half way through secondary school days?

When I was young, I didn't dare to order at McDonald's or ask for chili sauce at the counter cause I'm afraid they might scold me for being an irritating little kid.

Oversensitive much?

No comments:

Post a Comment